Tuesday, May 15, 2012

5 Hair roller Napoleonic armies in a tray Fini


                                     A bunch of these rubber hair rollers (above) became this (below)


For several weeks I have been scouring flea markets and yard sales for these old rubber hair rollers (as well as old games) in order to complete my 5 Napoleonic armies (French, British, Russians, Prussians and Austrians) with no success. So I decided to scrub down some of my  original hair roller DBA armies (specifically the 2 Hoplite armies, which I had duplicated with needlepoint plastic mesh ) to make enough stands to complete this project.

I learned a lot and I will NOT make any more hair roller armies (3mm scale). I have become a bigger fan of making armies from Needlepoint Plastic Mesh . Quicker and easier to make with either #7 or #10 plastic mesh. And, the material is easily obtained.

In the coming months, expect more pictures of these armies on the gaming table.

No comments:

Post a Comment