Thursday, November 29, 2018

Hougoumont, Waterloo 1815


Using the 1998 "Risk" (kneeling infantry, shakos) plastic figures for this modified Napoleonic battle scenario from the Junior General website .

"I've been in this position before at the Battle of Marengo. I lost the battle at five o'clock, but I won it back again at seven!"

     Hougoumont, Waterloo, Netherlands (today, Belgium)

 The farm house. Allies in front. British flanking and in reserve

                       French legere (lights) to left and regulars on right advance in column.

 Early fire with equal casualties
 Heavy losses on British left flank
 British allies are forced back to farm house
 Hanoverian Jaeger rifle fire is devastating
 British retreat to farm house as Coldstream guard regulars arrive
 The fight for the farm house begins
 Hand to Hand in the Farm house and yard
 Vive La France

A back and forth battle that could have gone either way with the melee battle in the farm house and yard.

                                               
                                                    "Give me night or give me Blucher"

4 comments:

  1. Are those the Junior General rules as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be interested in seeing your version. I've run quite a number of games for kids using the JG rules, but they are not always quite what I'd prefer.

    Thanks for your AAR!

    Chris Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rules, I mean, not the kids.

    Me again

    ReplyDelete