Sunday, August 22, 2021

Solo D&D ?

 What ? Solo D&D (tm) are words I never thought I would utter. But, then I never imagined using the word COVID, either.  So here's a look at my solo effort at a fantasy role playing game. For now, let's call it, "1 4 adventure".  


Disclaimer: Nothing compares to a great fantasy role playing game being played around a full table of players !!

Here is an outcome of a recent solo adventure:



Always beware of free loot, even after you have safely disarmed and opened the chest !




  

2 comments:

  1. What random generator did you use? I wondered if you used Appendix A from the 1e DMG but your characters look like original D&D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pete. Appendix A of the DMG is a very good place to start for solo play, which I have expanded on. I am using a simple D6 combat mechanic with different colored dice. Monster stats are simplified, HD and specials. These characters are from my previous looks at commercial solo games that proved inadequate and expensive. You can easily add Paladins, Archers, and those dang wizards to your party. If you want your party could be 6 characters (but that could be a handful).

    ReplyDelete